We want our children to be:
· Ready to learn: Children have a positive, confident attitude to learning. They are both physically and emotionally ready to learn.
· Resourceful: Children show initiative, ask well thought out questions and are prepared to use a variety of strategies to learn.
· Reflective: Children are curious, able and willing to learn from their mistakes and can describe their progress
· Resilient: Children are prepared to persevere and stay involved in their learning, even when the process is challenging.
· Reciprocal: Children are prepared to help each other and work as a team.
The curriculum in Early Years is designed to provide a broad and balanced education that meets the needs of all pupils. It allows them to gain skills, knowledge and understanding, as they start out on their educational journey, supporting them to progress from their individual starting points and preparing them for the next stage of their education.
Our ethos in Early Years is to support children’s personal, social and emotional development so that they feel safe and secure and are ready to learn.
Through the seven areas of learning we provide topics that excite and engage children, building on own interests and developing their experiences of the world around them. We recognise that all children come into our setting with varied experiences and all staff work hard to ensure that the learning opportunities provided widen their knowledge and understanding of the world, setting ambitious expectations for all children.
The curriculum celebrates diversity and supports the pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development. Those children with particular needs, including SEND, are supported appropriately allowing them to be successful.